Background. The specific nature of biological feature changes in microorganisms requires modern drugs to have bacteriostatic and bactericidal effects, as well as an opportunity to regulate the biological potential of a causative agent. The present work is devoted to studying a modification of the hemolytic activity of microorganisms that cause pyoinflammatory diseases under the influence of phytosubstances.
Materials and methods. The authors used 31 bacteria strains, extracted from wounds at pyoinflammatory diseases of soft tissues, and museum strains as the research material. The microorganisms were segregated and identified using an automatic bacteriological analyzer. In order to study the influence of phytosubstances on hemolytic activity the bacteria were cultivated in nutrient broths with subinhibitory concentrations of substances. The obtained data were processed by the methods of descriptive statistics and presented in the form of a confidence interval.
Results. It has been established that the maximum inhibitory effect on the hemolytic activity of Staphylococcus spp. was exerted by lilac extract, poplar gemmae extract, St. John’s-wort extract, tarragon sagebrush extract, carnation essential oil, carnation carbon dioxide extract and the second fraction thereof. The maximum reduction of the hemolytic activity of Streptococcus spp. has been revealed under the influence of poplar gemmae extract, tarragon sagebrush extract, sylibum liquid extract, carnation carbon dioxide extract and the second and third fractions thereof. The Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains decreased the hemolytic activity to the max under the influence of Melissa extract, poplar gemmae extract, birch extract, tarragon sagebrush extract, as well as the first and second fractions of carnation carbon dioxide extract.
Conclusions. It has been established that phytosamples exert both stimulating and inhibitory impacts on hemolytic activity. The multidirectional effect depends both on bacteria species belonging, as well as on the nature of phytosubstances. Experimental studying of regulation of hemolytic activity of microorganisms by phytosubstances proves application expediency of the present samples in clinical practice as auxiliary means both at the stage of etiotropic treatment and for prevention of a number of infectious diseases.
1. Korotyaev A. I., Babichev S. A. Meditsinskaya mikrobiologiya, immunologiya i virusologiya: ucheb. dlya med. vuzov [Medical microbiology, immunology and virology: textbook for medical universities]. Saint-Petersburg: SpetsLit, 2002, 591 p.
2. Leshchenko I. G., Galkin R. A. Gnoynaya khirurgicheskaya infektsiya [Pyogenic nosocomial infection]. Samara: Perspektiva, 2003, 326 p.
3. Antibakterial'naya terapiya: prakticheskoe rukovodstvo [Antibacterial therapy: practical guidelines]. Ed. by L. S. Strachunskiy, Yu. B. Belousov, S. N. Kozlov. Moscow: Polimag, 2000, 192 p.
4. Zolotarev P. N. Aspirantskie chteniya – 2007: tr. mezhvuz. konf. molodykh uchenykh. Prilozhenie k mezhvuzovskomu zhurnalu «Aspirantskiy vestnik Povolzh'ya» [Postgraduate readings – 2007: proceedings of the Interregional conference of young scientists. Supplement to the journal “Postgraduate bulletin of Volga region”]. Samara, 2007, pp. 9–21.
5. Kurkina A. V., Supil'nikov A. A. Farmatsiya i meditsina [Pharmacy and medicine].Samara,2001,no.7,pp.83–85.
6. Zolotarev P. N. Mezhdunarodnye standarty, osnovannye na printsipakh dokazatel'noy meditsiny, v provedenii nauchnykh issledovaniy v zdravookhranenii: sb. tr. konf. [International standards of research in healthcare, based on principles of evidence-based medicine: conference proceedings]. Samara: Britanskiy Sovet, 2007, pp. 71–73.
7. Zolotarev P. N. Vestnik SamGU. Estestvennonauchnaya seriya [Bulletin of Samara State University. Series: Natural sciences]. Samara: Samarskiy universitet, 2006, no. 9 (49), pp. 145–154.
8. Kurkin V. A. Farmakognoziya: ucheb. dlya studentov farmatsevticheskikh vuzov [Pharmacognosy: textbook for students of pharmaceutical universities]. Samara: Ofort: SamGMU, 2004, 1200 p.
9. Satdarova F. Sh., Zolotarev P. N., Shagalieva N. R. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy Akademii Nauk. XII Kongress «Ekologiya i zdorov'e cheloveka» [Bulletin of Samara scientific center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. XII congress “Ecology and human health”]. 2007, vol. 2, pp. 198–203.
10. Zolotarev P. N. Aspirantskie chteniya – 2007: tr. mezhvuz. konf. molodykh uchenykh. Prilozhenie k mezhvuzovskomu zhurnalu «Aspirantskiy vestnik Povolzh'ya» [Postgraduate readings – 2007: proceedings of the Interregional conference of young scientists. Supplement to the journal “Postgraduate bulletin of Volga region”]. Samara, 2007, pp. 21–25.
11. Bukharin O. V. Persistentsiya patogennykh bakteriy [Persistence of pathogenic bacteria]. Moscow: Meditsina; Ekaterinburg: UrO RAN, 1999, 366 p.
12. Mefod'ev V. V., Khokhlyavina R. M., Kozlov L. B. Zhurnal mikrobiologii, epidemiologii i immunobiologii [Journal of microbiology, epidemiology and immunology]. 2002, no. 2, pp. 119–120.
13. Bilev A. E., Zolotarev P. N. Patogennye (gnoerodnye) kokki : ucheb. posobie dlya obuchayushchikhsya lechebnogo fakul'teta [Pathogenic (pyogenic) cocci: tutorial for students of medical faculties]. Samara: Meditsinskiy universitet «Reaviz», 2015, 60 p.
14. Labinskaya A. S., Blinkova L. P., Eshchina A. S. Obshchaya i sanitarnaya mikrobiologiya s tekhnikoy mikrobiologicheskikh issledovaniy [General and sanitary microbiology with technique of microbiological research]. Moscow: Meditsina, 2004, 576 p.
15. Groshovyy T. A., Markova E. V., Golovkin V. A. Matematicheskoe planirovanie eksperimenta [Mathematical planning of experiments]. Kiev: Vishcha shkola, 1992, 185 p.