Vdovin Sergey Mikhailovich, Candidate of economic sciences, professor, rector, National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia) email@example.com
Yamashkin Anatoliy Aleksandrovich, Doctor of geographical sciences, professor, dean of the geographical faculty, National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia) Yamashkin56@mail.ru
Zarubin Oleg Aleksandrovich, Lecturer, sub-department of land management and landscape planning, National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia) firstname.lastname@example.org
Yamashkin Stanislav Anatolievich, Candidate of engineering sciences, senior lecturer, sub-department of automated systems of information processing nd control, National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia) E-mail: email@example.com
Background. The article discusses the role of the regional geographic information systems (GIS), geoportals and thematic maps in solving the actual problem of forming geoconceptual sustainable development systems, including natural, historical, cultural and material heritage.
Materials and methods. The intersectoral nature of information on a geoconceptual system of cultural landscape and its multilayered structure place high demands on information support for research: ability to work with heterogeneous information, updating speed, accessibility for the professional community and the average consumer, interactive nature of information provision. The solution of these problems should be based on the application of system analysis methods, the development of geographic information systems and web-oriented GIS projects (geoportals) that ensure the integration of information on natural and socio-production systems, the features of sustainable development of environmental and social processes, the state of natural and historical heritage.
Results. The core area in ensuring sustainable regional development is the formation of an information environment and the dissemination of information on geoconcepts of regions and local centers for economic development, culture, tourism beyond its borders. The experience of the regional GIS “Mordovia” development, described in the article, shows that the key issues in implementation of scientific and practical work on the study of the state of cultural landscapes are: 1) creation of a cartographic basis and databases of regional GIS; 2) development of an electronic landscape map as a central link of information resources of a regional GIS; 3) GISmodeling of states of geoconceptive systems. Geoportals ensure the integration of information on geoconcepts, reflecting the state of natural and historical heritage of geoconceptive systems of the cultural landscape. In the Republic of Mordovia, the Geoportal of the Russian Geographical Society in the Republic of Mordovia (http://geo13.ru) has been developed for these purposes. It is aimed at solving problems of geoinformation support of the work of state bodies and the population with information on natural resources, economy, social infrastructure, cultural heritage. Geoconcepts can be successfully reflected on wall maps of natural and cultural heritage. Thus, when developing a series of maps of the Russian Geographical Society, geoconcepts are structured into three blocks: natural heritage; Historical and cultural heritage; Economy and economic development.
Conclusions. When assessing the objects of cultural heritage, it is necessary to use a comprehensive approach that focuses on a comprehensive analysis of geoconceptual systems in a region. This allows to compile a holistic view of the evolution of cultural landscape, highlight the features of adapting forms of nature management to natural conditions. The system of interrelated scientific information elements, including GIS, a geoportal and a series of wall maps of natural and cultural heritage, allows to build communication between scientists, the pedagogical community, students, state and municipal authorities, the media and the public in order to form regional and local geoconcepts.
1. Nikolaev V. A. Landshaftovedenie. Prakticheskie i seminarskie zanyatiya [Landcape studies. Practical and seminar sessions]. Moscow: Izd-vo Mosk. un-ta, 2000, 94 p.
2. Klyuchevskiy V. O. Kurs russkoy istorii: v 5 ch. [A course of Russian history: in 5 parts]. Saint-Petersburg, 1904−1922, 1146 p.
3. Engel's F., Marks K. Sochineniya [Works]. Moscow: Politizdat, 1970, vol. 41, pp. 74–81.
4. Kalutskov V. N. Rossiya i Zapad: dialog kul'tur [Russian and the West: dialogue of cultures]. 2012, no. 1. Available at: http://regionalstudies.ru/journal/homejornal/rubric/ 2012-11-02-22-16-38/168--l-r.html
5. Kalutskov V. N. Kul'turnaya geografiya Rossii: ucheb. posobie. Ch. 1: Teoreticheskiy i spetsial'nyy razdely [Cultural geography of Russia: tutorial. Part I: Theoretical and special sections]. Moscow: Fakul'tet inostrannykh yazykov i regionovedeniya MGU, 2016, 140 p.
6. Yamashkin A. A. Kul'turnyy landshaft Mordovii (geoekologicheskie problemy i landshaftnoe planirovanie) [Cultural landscape of Mordovia (geoecological issues and landscape planning)]. Saransk: Izd-vo Mordov. un-ta, 2003, 204 p.
7. Yamashkin A. A., Kovalenko A. K. Mordoviya: nauka, innovatsii, novye tekhnologii [Mordovia: science, innovations, new technologies]. 2004, no. 2, pp. 16–21.
8. Yamashkin A. A. Geoekologicheskiy analiz protsessa khozyaystvennogo osvoeniya landshaftov Mordovii [Geoecological analysis of economic development of landscapes
of Mordovia]. Saransk: Izd-vo Mordov. un-ta, 2001, 232 p.
9. Yamashkin A. A. Prirodnoe i istoricheskoe nasledie kul'turnogo landshafta Mordovii [Natural and historical heritage of the cultural landscape of Mordovia]. Saransk: Izd-vo Mordov. un-ta, 2008, 147 p.
10. Vdovin S. M., Yamashkin A. A., Yamashkin S. A. Ekologicheskie problemy. Evraziyskoe prostranstvo [Ecological problems. Eurasian space]. Moscow, 2014, pp. 552–567.
11. Yamashkin A. A., Yamashkin S. A. Byulleten' Otdeleniya Russkogo geograficheskogo obshchestva v Respublike Mordoviya [Bulletin of the Russian Geographical Society branch in the Republic of Mordovia]. 2013, no. 2, pp. 52–57.
12. Yamashkin A. A., Yamashkin S. A. Obrazovanie cherez vsyu zhizn' dlya ustoychivogo razvitiya: materialy Mezhdunar. konf. [Life-long learning for sustainable development: proceedings of the International conference]. Saransk, 2014, pp. 535–541.
13. Vdovin S. M., Yamashkin S. A., Yamashkin A. A., Zarubin O. A. Vestnik Ryazanskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. S. A. Esenina [Bulletin of Ryazan State University named after S. A. Esenin]. 2016, no. 3, pp. 146–154.
14. Geograficheskiy atlas Respubliki Mordoviya [Geographi Mordovia].Saransk: Izd-vo Mordov. un-ta,2012,204 p.
15. Yamashkin A. A. Geoekologicheskie issledovaniya protsessov khozyaystvennogo osvoeniya landshaftov (na primere Respubliki Mordoviya): avtoref. dis. d-ra geogr. nauk [Geopolitical research of economic development of landscapes (by the example of the Republic of Mordovia): author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of geographical sciences]. Voronezh, 1999, 33 p.