Mironova Elena Vladimirovna, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of general biology and biochemistry, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia) email@example.com
Background. Physical development is one of the most important indicators of human health and the state in general.
Materials and methods. The article describes anthropometrical measurements carried out among 1st year students of the Institute of Physical Culture and Sport and students of the Pedagogical Institute named after V. G. Belinsky. The received indicators were compared among themselves and correlated to average data of physical development of Penza students.
Results. The majority of physical development indicators of modern 17–18 years girls and boys correspond to age standards. Declinations have been found in girls on such indicators as “force of hand muscles” and “back strength”. It has been revealed that students who regularly do sports have advantages in such indicators as “body weight”, “growth”, “vital capacity of lungs”, “back strength”, “Pinye’s index”.
Conclusions. A significant amount of youth in the Pedagogical Institute named after V. G. Belinsky differ in low values of indexes and indicators characterizing physical development. The research shows that students who regularly do sports have more harmonious and proportional development.
1. Solov'ev V. N. Fundamental'nye issledovaniya [Fundamental research]. 2005, no. 6, pp. 61–66.
2. Zdorov'esberegayushchie tekhnologii v obshcheobrazovatel'noy shkole: metodologiya analiza, formy, metody, opyt primeneniya [Health-preserving technologies in public schools: analysis methodology, forms, application experience]. Ed. by M. M. Bezrukikh, V. D. Son'kin. Moscow: IVF RAO, 2002, 181 p.
3. Denisova D. V. Vozdeystvie novykh informatsionnykh tekhnologiy na zdorov'e studentov: avtoref. dis. kand. med. nauk [The influence of new informational technologies on students’ health: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of medical sciences]. Saint-Petersburg, 2001, 152 p.
4. Vaganova L. I. Uchashchayasya molodezh' Rossii: proshloe, nastoyashchee, budushchee: sb. nauch. st. [Student youth of Russia: past, present, future: collected papers]. Chelyabinsk, 2000, pp. 178–180.
5. Sugrobova G. A., Anisimova N. V. Metodicheskoe rukovodstvo k prakticheskim zanyatiyam po vozrastnoy anatomii i fiziologii cheloveka: metod. rekomendatsii [Methodological guidelines to practical exercises on age-related human anatomy and physiology: methodological recommendations]. Penza: PGPU im. V. G. Belinskogo, 2011, 48 p.