Chekaev Nikolay Petrovich, Candidate of agricultural sciences, associate professor, head of sub-department of soil science and agrochemistry, Penza State Agricultural Academy (30 Botanicheskaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Kuznetsov Alexander Yuryevich, Candidate of agricultural sciences, associate professor, sub-department of soil science and agrochemistry, Penza State Agricultural Academy (30 Botanicheskaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. A major place in the system of measures to decrease the ecological tension in agriculture is allocated to protective afforestation. The positive influenceof forest melioration is described in numerous researches. However, only in the last decades there have been launched researches of complex efficiency of antierosion plantings, their roles in ecologically stable agro-forest-landscapes formation. Against this background it is urgent to study the impact of forest strips of the antierosion complex on soil factors and yield of crops in conditions of Penza region.
Materials and methods. The article presents information on the impact of forest strips of dense structure on moisture reserves in the leached Chernozem and yield of agricultural crops at different distances from the strip.
Results. It has been established that forest strips transfer surface runoffs of moisture into subsurface runoffs, protecting soil from water erosion and leading to accumulation of moisture for crop plants. The researches has showed a positive influence of a forest strip on crop yields. The highest yield of crops was observed at a distance of 50–150 m from a forest strip. The average notional net income from the influence of forest strips made up 2877,7 RUB/ha.
Conclusions. As a result, the researches have made it clear that in the spring the forest strip contributes to the transfer of surface runoffs into subsurface runoffs. Before the forest strip there takes place moisture accumulation. In the summerautumn period, the accumulation of moisture below the forest strip takes place due to the transfer of surface runoffs. Therefore, uniform moisture distribution it is necessary to conduct improvement thinning in forests, that is to create wind-blown settings, as they more evenly distribute snow, and then moisture, which cannot be performed by dense structures that distribute moisture generally before a forest strip during small removal.
1. Kochergina Z. F. Landshaftno-ekologicheskie osnovy ratsional'nogo zemlepol'zovaniya: monogr. [Landscape and ecological bases of rational land management: monograph]. Omsk: Izd-vo OmGAU, 2007, 224 p.
2. Chekaev N. P., Kuznetsov A. Yu. Agroekologicheskaya otsenka zemel': ucheb. posobie [Agroecological evaluation of lands: tutorial]. Penza: RIO PGSKhA, 2016, 215 p.
3. Timer'yanov A. Sh. Lesomelioratsiya landshaftov: ucheb. posobie [Forest reclamation of landscapes: tutorial]. Ufa: BGAU, 2007, 112 p.
4. Samsonov E. V. Vozdeystvie lesnykh polos protivoerozionnogo kompleksa na pochvennye faktory i urozhaynost' sel'skokhozyaystvennykh kul'tur v stepi Privolzhskoy vozvyshennosti: dis. kand. s.-kh. nauk: 06.03.04 [The impact of forest strips of the antierosion complex on soil factors and agricultural crop yield in steppes of the Volga Uplands: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of agricultural sciences]. Saratov, 2006, 210 p.
5. Rekomendatsii po tekhnologii sozdaniya zashchitnykh lesonasazhdeniy na bogarnykh i oroshaemykh zemlyakh i povysheniya ikh meliorativnykh funktsiy v sukhostepnoy zone RF [Technological recommendations on establishment of protective afforestation on rich and irrigated soils and improvement of their reclamation functions in the dry-steppe zone of the Russian Federation]. Comp. by A. M. Stepanov, V. V. Kravtsov, E. I. Litvinov. Moscow, 2000, 241 p.
6. Gal'din G.B., Antonov I.S., Antonov V.I. Problemy ratsional'nogo ispol'zovaniya prirodnykh resursov Penzenskoy oblasti [Problems of rational use of natural resources in Penza region].Moscow,1984,pp.86–99.
7. Kolesnikova L. V. Lesnye polosy i ikh vliyanie na plodorodie chernozema obyknovennogo i produktivnost' ugodiy v stepi Privolzhskoy vozvyshennosti: dis. kand. s.-kh. nauk: 06.03.04 [Forest strips and the influence thereof on fertility of the Chernozem and productive capacity of agricultural areas in the steppe of the Volga Uplands: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of agricultural sciences]. Saratov, 2006, 238 p.
8. Rekomendatsii po vyrashchivaniyu polezashchitnykh lesnykh polos na zemlyakh sel'khozpredpriyatiy Srednego i Nizhnego Povolzh'ya [Recommendations on growing field-protecting forest strips on lands of agricultural enterprises of Middle and Lower Volga regions]. Comp. by I. M. Torokhtun, Z. I. Malanina, Yu. I. Vasil'ev. Volgograd, 1984, 59 p.
9. Fomin N. A., Chekaev N. P., Aref'ev A. N., Kuznetsov A. Yu. Obshchee pochvovedenie: ucheb. posobie [General soil science: tutorial]. Penza: RIO PGSKhA, 2014, 219 p.